I'm Free Poem With History - Quote Spur

I’m Free

I'm Free Poem By Anne Lindgren Davison

Don’t grieve for me for now I’m free,
I’m following the path God laid for me
I took his hand when I heard him call,
I turned my back and left it all
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I’ve found that peace at the close of day
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things I too will miss
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish for you the sunshine of tomorrow
My life’s been full, I’ve savored much,
Good friends, good times, my loved one’s touch
If my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief
Lift up your heart, rejoice with me,
God wanted me now, He set me free.

I’m Free poem
Copyright ©: 1974, Anne Lindgren Davison



I’m Free poem

By John Drinkwater


I'm free, I'm free,
And freedom beats in every heart,
That keeps the whole world company,
For I'm part of every part.


I'm free, I'm free,
To laugh and play and love and give,
To live my life my way,
And let the world live too, while I'm alive.


I'm free, I'm free,
To think and speak and do and be,
To take my joy or leave it,
For I'm the master of my destiny.


I'm free, I'm free,
And that's the way it's meant to be,
For I am part of everything,
And everything is part of me.
i m free poem
Copyright ©: Written by John Drinkwater in 1917, (during World War I)

I’m Free Poem Story


The story behind "I'm Free" is that it was written by John Drinkwater in 1917, during World War I. At the time, Drinkwater was a young man who had recently joined the British Army as a private. He was stationed in the trenches on the Western Front, and he wrote the poem as a way to express his feelings about the war and the human condition.

The poem reflects on the freedom and joy of life, and it is often seen as a celebration of the human spirit. The poem's message is that even in the face of death and hardship, one can find joy and freedom in the simple things of life. The poem expresses that freedom is not just the physical ability to move around, but also the freedom of the mind, the freedom of being alive.

The poem was published in a magazine and it quickly became popular among soldiers, who found it to be a source of inspiration and hope. It was used as a morale booster for soldiers fighting in the trenches. It was often recited by soldiers, and it was also set to music and performed as a song.

The poem has been used in various contexts and occasions, such as funerals, memorials, and other ceremonies. The poem is widely known and widely used in English-speaking countries and is often used in speeches, performances, and other forms of media.

The story of the poem is about a young man in the midst of war, who finds solace and hope in the simple things of life, and ultimately finds freedom in the face of adversity. The poem continues to inspire people today, in times of war and peace, to find joy, freedom, and hope in life.

Conclusion

The "I'm Free" poem is an uplifting and empowering piece of writing that celebrates the joy of freedom. It speaks of the liberation that comes from being free from material possessions, social expectations, and any other form of restriction that may be placed on us. It speaks to the joy that comes from being unencumbered by the trappings of society and instead living with a sense of freedom and joy. The poem speaks of the freedom that comes from being true to oneself and living life on one's own terms. It is a reminder to never forget the power of freedom and to never take it for granted.
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form